[TRLog] Russian DX Contest

Subject: [TRLog] Russian DX Contest
From: rtnash@netcom.ca (Robert Nash)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:35:13 -0500
Gentlemen:

I ran into some problems setting up TRLog v 6.36 for the Russian Contest.
As I read the rules, the Russians do not send serial numbers, only two
letter oblast identifiers. TRLog is looking for serial numbers from them. In
addition, several of the call areas do not respond as Russian areas.  2, 8,
9 and 0 act as foreign stations even though they have valid oblast listings
in the rules.

Yuri, VA3UZ/UT4UZ confirmed the rules and here are some changes
that will make Trlog fly for the Russian DX test.

Add these lines to the .CFG file.

EXCHANGE RECEIVED = RST QSO NUMBER OR DOMESTIC QTH
ADD DOMESTIC COUNTRY = UA9
ADD DOMESTIC COUNTRY = UA2
QSO POINTS DOMESTIC CW = 10
QSO POINTS DOMESTIC PHONE = 10

The latter two lines give the proper points for the UA9 and UA0 (and UA8T's
and V's)

Also remove AN, FJ and MV from the .DOM file. These off-shore countries are
not listed as oblasts in the rules for this contest.

It seems to be working fine, now. Tree, have a look at this for possible
modification of the next version. I'm having a ball with these "small"
contests. Working with these .CFG files and .DOM files is great fun!

73 Bob VE3KZ
ve3kz@rac.ca