[TRLog] Update

Subject: [TRLog] Update
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 20 Apr 1999 23:25:11 -0000

Well - I think the aurora signal reports will be a lot of work to
fully implement.  There would have to be surgery on each of the
possible exchange formats.  Most of them expect the RST to be all
numbers and use that fact to help tell the difference between different
pieces of data entered into the exchange string.

I have fixed the bug with the RST coming from the [ character in
the exchange.  Also, fixed the bug with LOOK FOR SENT RST not being
in the Control-J menu.

A new feature added for the next release will be to allow most of the
Control-J parameters to be downloaded to the other computers on the
network.  For example, you could set the MY GRID parameter for all
of the computers.  The information also gets stored in the configuration
file so it will stick.   This feature can be abused with some
interesting results...  You could for example change the SWAP
PADDLES parameter for everyone.

I will be meeting with JE1CKA this Friday and we might have some
improvements for the ALL JA contest.  You will need to contact
Tack if you want a copy of the program before ALL JA.  Since this
is a JA only contest - this shouldn't be a problem.

73 Tree