[TRLog] Aurora reports - was: Update / VHF Feedback

Subject: [TRLog] Aurora reports - was: Update / VHF Feedback
From: dl2zav@online.de (Udo Lautenbach DL2ZAV)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 23:45:35 +0200
*-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: n6tr@teleport.com <n6tr@teleport.com>
An: trlog@contesting.com <trlog@contesting.com>
Datum: Mittwoch, 21. April 1999 17:42
Betreff: [TRLog] Update

>Well - I think the aurora signal reports will be a lot of work to
>fully implement.  There would have to be surgery on each of the
>possible exchange formats.  Most of them expect the RST to be all
>numbers and use that fact to help tell the difference between different
>pieces of data entered into the exchange string.

Friends,

do we _really_ need this? How many Aurora reports do you log during a 24 hr
event? (Me: none, I'm at 50 deg N) Why not put a <Ctl-N>ote into the log for
that and edit it afterwards if the log checker needs it?

I think this will be program code that has to stay in memory all of the time
(needed to process any keystroke) and will take quite some lines. Remember,
we still have to have the whole program, all our log data AND the partials
list (and DOS) in those first 640K of memory!

Also I fear the program might get confused when deciding between Aurora
report or domestic QTH etc.

--
73, Udo
dl2zav@online.de     dl2zav@qsl.net