[TRLog] Radio interfacing question

Subject: [TRLog] Radio interfacing question
From: fullgraf@kcc.com (Fullgraf, Chuck)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 07:35:31 -0500
I tried to get my Yaesu FT900 to interface with TR last night without any
luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I bought the W1GEE interface and it works with test program that came with
the interface. I'm running the interface off of  COM2. I did install a new
I/O board as part of this up grade (I had a blown serial port on the old
board). I used the "standard" addresses and IRQs for COM1 and COM2.

Both serial ports worked with the mouse in Windows 3.1 (the computer is a
moldy-oldy 386SX). Other than the interface's test program, I have not done
any other checks of the operation of the serial ports.

I used TR's start-up program to set the radio type and port. The keyer
interface works fine when connected to the I/O board's parallel port. All
other settings were left at the default settings, which from TR's manual
should allow the system to work.

This evening, I'm planning to get a 9 pin by 25 pin adapter to try the
interface on COM1.

It seems like I should be "turning" something on or setting something in the
radio. But that may not be true and I cannot find any references in the
radio or TR manuals.

I was using TR 6.36 (too lazy to load 6.39 yet).

Again, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chuck, KE4OAR