[TRLog] V6.39 VHF Bug Reports

Subject: [TRLog] V6.39 VHF Bug Reports
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 06:01:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Andy-

Just an update from your message:

> This weekend I used 6.39 in anger for a VHF/UHF contest, and ran across the
> following little problems.

Sorry you had some problems.

> 1. With INITIAL EXCHANGE = GRID, it seems that the lookup ignores any
> suffix. e.g. with G4PIQ (JO01MU) and G4PIQ/P (IO92OG) in the TRMASTER.DTA,
> entering G4PIQ/P in the callsign field would result in JO01MU being put in
> the exchange field. USER INFO SHOWN = GRID seemed to work just fine.

This is fixed for 6.40.

> 2. Not packet spots appeared in the band map for 432 MHz or above. 144 MHz
> usually seemed to work OK, but there were occasions where I could go back
> to 2m and the band map was empty, although packet spots had been flooding
> in. I can't put any pattern to this.

I haven't found anything upon inspection.  I will continue to work on
finding the problem and fix it (maybe not until a release or two from
now).

> 3. TR READ seems to ignore the RST sent field - after doing a READ all RSTs
> in the log are 59(9).

Fixed for 6.40.

> Also, a plea for an additional function is to do the distance / bearing
> calcultion on a distant locator as it is typed in the exchange field in the
> same way as it works in the callsign field. After moving from a package
> where this worked, you don't know how lost you are until can't calculate a
> bearing quickly mid QSO to confirm that you have the antennas pointing the
> right way.

Implemented for 6.40.  It will also do it for exchanges that come from
TRMASTER or the exchange memory.  It should also show the multiplier
status.

Thanks for the input.

73 Tree
n6tr@contesting.com