[TRLog] Re: [CQ-Contest] Multiport I/O Boards?

Subject: [TRLog] Re: [CQ-Contest] Multiport I/O Boards?
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:24:02 -0600

On Thu, 13 May 1999 13:15:34 -0700 Eric June <ericj@kudonet.com> writes:

>I am looking for a multiport I/O board for my computer.  I found a
>mention
>of a Flexport42 board by Quickpath in the archives from 1995 (KA9FOX
>site).
> The board is not listed on the Quickpath site at
>http://www.quickpath.com.
>

>Is this still the board of choice for contesters?  Or is there a more
>modern alternative?  I am looking for a board that has at least 2
>parallel
>ports and 4 serial ports.  It must work with TRLog in DOS, and work
>with NT
>Server for interface to my LOGic 5 everyday logging program.  Thanks
>in
>advance for any pointers.

It may be easier to use two boards with 2S1P each, capable of using
the high IRQ's. I found some at Fry's for $9 each. They had a bunch
of other stuff on there too, such as game port, IDE/floppy controller,
and some other stuff, but the unwanted features could all be disabled.
I ended up with 4S2P, none of which conflict.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]