[TRLog] WPX is in two weeks - several topics and BUGs...

Subject: [TRLog] WPX is in two weeks - several topics and BUGs...
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 07:34:19 -0700 (PDT)
> * In WPX contest (and others with prefix multipliers) is no
> possibility to show worked multipliers. That could be e.g. as
> follows:
>
> - nothing in CALL window, AltG pressed -> all prefixes worked
> are displayed (alphabetically sorted)

This doesn't seem very useful to me.  Either there aren't enough prefixes
worked to worry about, or there would be way too many to look at.

> - "J" in CALL window, AltG pressed -> prefixes worked starting
> with J (J2, J3, J6, J7, JA1, JA2, ...)

This might be more useful.

> - "JA" in CALL window, AltG pressed -> prefixes worked starting
> with JA (JA1, JA2, ...)

Perhaps it would be better to show prefixes by country?

> * If in the end of any CW message is change of the speed, this
> command is not executed (speed is not changed).

This is true - and it is done this way for a reason.  If someone has an
unbalanced message - which leaves the CW at a different speed than it
was at when the message started, you can end up with a situation where
your code speed keeps increasing or decreasing.  The program will always
start a message with the speed displayed in the code speed window.

> * Command Control-U in memory message could update CallsignICameBackTo
> variable with the call window contents or callsign in exchange window
> (new written), if there is. Now, if I write corrected callsign in
> exchange window, then use message with Control-U, CALL OKAY NOW
> message is sent always. So that means Control-U command not works
> with callsign in exchange window.

True enough.  I will try to make it work with callsign in exchange
window if the CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE is true.

> * Add switch to filter WARC-bands and VHF-bands spots from
> Bandmap (in case BAND MAP ALL BANDS = true).

> * Add more possibilities to finish QSO (QSLing). Now there are two ways
> only: QSL (Enter) or Quick QSL (e.g. backslash). It would be very
> nice if I could finish QSO with another programmable manners, e.g.:
>
> - TU JOHN (name from TRMASTER.DTA)
> - 73
> - QRV 80M?
> - CIAO JOE (salutation from HELLO.DAT and name from TRMASTER.DTA)

> This feature could be implemented e.g. by special control character
> located in EX MEMORY string, which evoke logging QSO.

There is another way already.  It is "secret" feature.

You can use QUICK QSL MESSAGE 2 in your LOGCFG.DAT file.  The key to
use it is the = key.  There is also a QUICK QSL KEY 2 command - but
I just noticed it was broken, but will be fixed in next version.

I believe this will give you the ability to do the above messages
except for "QRV 80M?".  Make sure you have QSL MODE set to STANDARD
for all of this to work.  Otherwise, the CALL WINDOW contents may not
be valid when trying to use the $ or % characters in a CW message.

Tree