[TRLog] I need help interfacing IC706MKII

Subject: [TRLog] I need help interfacing IC706MKII
From: n6tw@csi.com (Larry Weaver)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:44:15 -0700
Gerhardt--

In addition to the sources below, I have an Adobe Acrobat file (.pdf) I
downloaded (I don't remember where). It has the interface plus circuitry to
indicate the band the 706 is on. If you're interested, I'll email you a
copy.

73,

Larry N6TW

You need the CT-17 (or one you can build for considerably less money) to
convert the RS-232 signal levels to the TTL levels used by ICOM CI-V
interfaces. A circuit for doing this is in a QST article, Feb. 1992. The
circuit diagram is available on the WWW at

http://www.ambersoft.com/Amateur_Radio/Icom_Interface.jpg

A printed circuit board is available from Far Circuits at

http://www.cl.ais.net/farcir/modem1.htm

for $3.50US.

There is also as circuit diagram which has been used with an IC706 at

http://www.hamradio.cz/rigs/novaradia/icom/ic-q7/iface.gif