[TRLog] Shift key operation

Subject: [TRLog] Shift key operation
From: (George Fremin III)
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:03:11 -0700 (PDT)
Clive Whelan writes:
> The FT1000MP also tunes the VFO in S&P, but I have never been able to get
> it to tune the RIT in any mode.
> It would certainly be nice if the FT could be made to perform just as the
> Kenwoods do; is that realistic? otoh Am I missing summat here?

The RIT can not be tuned on the Yeasu radio becasue the
only way to move the RIT is to send it a frequency.

The Kenwoods have a "bump" or "nudge" command that is
sorta like what happens when you push the UP/Down buttons
on the MIC.  This command "bumps" the vfo/rit up or down
in frequency a bit.

Sending a full frequency to the yeasu makes it such that
the tuning can not been done in a way that it is
interactive enough to use.

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."
K5TR (ex.WB5VZL)                            -- Dave Leeson W6NL

Feature Wishlist: