[TRLog] New computer

Subject: [TRLog] New computer
From: kk5ib@bscn.net (Darryl J. Kelly)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:57:55 -0500
Richard,
 A lot of the hotter machines have nearly all the IRQs in use with PCI,
USB, and other regular IRQ uses. Some can  be reconfigured for,
say 1 USB port and 2 serial ports. Also a parallel port card can be added
but it may have to share IRQ5 with a sound card for instance.
The basic rule is the more you max out your computer initially, the more
difficult it will be to add what we used to have.
73,
Darryl, KK5IB