[TRLog] WAE & QTC

Subject: [TRLog] WAE & QTC
From: dl2zav@online.de (Udo Lautenbach DL2ZAV)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:50:58 +0200
Just an idea:

> > I used the simulator (nice feature).
> > Some stations, after the exchange, ask for QTC.

> > The simulator does not send anything else after that.
> > Is that OK (namely the simulator just pose the question and
> > nothing more), or should it send real QTCs?
> > In that case what has to be done?

> For Europe, you need to just make stuff up and enter it.  The simulator
> wasn't taught how to do this.  It is only fully functional if you are
> outside of Europe.
>
> Tree

Maybe the simulator could look for a prepared log file (say HISLOG.DAT) and
then process this with the simulator routine of QTC sending for dx stns. So
there would be data to be sent and copied.

At least for me there would be very much need for practising receiving QTCs
before the contest.  HISLOG.DAT could easily be obtained by running a WAE
simulation using a dx callsign and one of the available master databases. Or
simply use your real log of EU HFC. Keying speed for the QTCs should be set
to about UP0L's keying speed  ;-)

BTW: noticed some other things during WAE, but still investigating what I
set up wrong.

--
73, Udo
dl2zav@online.de     dl2zav@qsl.net