FW: [TRLog] nonssb

Subject: FW: [TRLog] nonssb
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net> (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 13:27:48 -0500 (CDT)
Kirk N0KK wrote:

> While operating in NAQP SSB using my 775 interfaced to TR642 the mode
> would somtimes switch to "NONSSB".  I wouldnt usually see this until
> I logged the Q. And trying to edit resulted in not being able to delete
> the first N in NON...

Hi Kirk,

I had the same problem with NONSSB appearing randomly while logging
a QSO.  It was a real headache, resulting in QSO's being logged on
the wrong band (or no band at all.)  It also froze up the whole program
on occaision.  If you look in the TR-Log reflector archives for August
1998, you'll see a long discussion of the "NONSSB" problem.

The way it was ultimately fixed on my system (IC-765 & IC-761) was
to make sure that the TRANSCEIVE setting of the CI-V interface is
set to OFF.  I'm not familiar with the IC-775, but if it uses the
same CI-V protocol, it probably has a similar toggle.  In the 765/761
it is an internal DIP switch.  Don't know about the 775.

I would definately check this first.  It fixed the problem for
many Icom users.

-Kirk  K4RO