[TRLog] TS850 frequency control

Subject: [TRLog] TS850 frequency control
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 6 Oct 1999 16:23:27 -0000
> I am really enjoying the enhanced control that TRLog gives me with my
> newly-acquired TS-850 compared to my Omni VI. One thing that I have
> noticed, though, is that when I am in the S&P mode and use the shift keys
> to change frequency, the rig makes annoying "beeps", which make it
> difficult to hear the signals you are trying to tune in. Is there some way
> to turn this off on the 850, or is it a TRLog "feature"?

You need to disable the beeps in the 850.  I forget if it is a
volume control inside the radio that you need to turn down - or
if it can be disabled with one of the menus.

At least that is better than having to put a piece of black tape on
the front panel of the Yaesu radios!

About the Omni VI - I still wish TenTec would adopt the Kenwood format
as an option.  It isn't that hard to implement two command sets and
let the user decide.  This would open to door up to making the Omni
VI play with TR Log as well as the 850.

Tree