[TRLog] Top Ten Devices Band Switch

Subject: [TRLog] Top Ten Devices Band Switch
From: kg2au@stny.rr.com (Jimmy Weierich)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 23:25:59 -0400
Whoops, my mistake, I guess I should have read the Log-EQF manual
more carefully. The manual states that the program uses "outputs"
1,6,7,8 for band data and uses "outputs" 2-5 for DVK in "CT
compatibility mode". Since it also refers to "controlling the eight
LPT port data lines", these "outputs" apparently correspond to PINS
2-9, thus making it the same as TRLog (and CT)!

>Hmmm - I am surprised Log-EQF used pin 1 as CT established that for
>a different use.  I would suggest that Log-EQF adopt the same standard
>as that would make the parallel port unusable for CW and there is no
>reason why you can't do both.
>
>I guess if this is a universal problem, I could do a startup option
>to move the pins around on TR.
>
>Tree

I hope someday my TS-850 will magically grow up to be an FT-1000!

>If you have a Yaesu FT-1000 or other Yaesu with the band data plug - that
>would make the // port connection a moot point.
>
>73 Don
>VE6JY

Thanks for the replies,
Jimmy