[TRLog] Floppy save

Subject: [TRLog] Floppy save
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 4 Nov 1999 01:04:54 -0000

Concerning the problem of floppy saves happening too often, I think I
might know how this can happen.

The floppy saves are done based upon the number of QSOs that have
scrolled off the top of the editable log window and into the .DAT
file.  If you have some blank lines in the editable log window, you
can have this total stay constant for consecutive QSOs.  If that total
is right for a floppy save - you will get two (or more) of them in a
row - until the count is incremented by a QSO scrolling off the top
of the editable log window.

Gee - that is two of these "bugs" possibly explained and maybe things
aren't as bad as my earlier post made them out to be.

While debugging this - I noticed that any error messages that should
be displayed if the floppy save fails (i.e., the disk is too full)
are not staying up on the screen long enough to read them.  There
is an error sound being made, but no message.  I will get this fixed.

Tree