[TRLog] Pgm crash with network spots

Subject: [TRLog] Pgm crash with network spots
From: kl7ra@ptialaska.net (kl7ra)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 01:04:31 -0900
During the WW we had six stations on a network with a seventh PC dumping
spots.
One by one the different positions would crash (keyboard goes dead) until I
pulled the plug on the spotting machine. No crashes after that even with a
very busy network.

This weekend I was able to duplicate the problem using TR packetsimulate.

We found with the spots coming one a second and tuning a radio around the
band the program would crash sooner (with 781) or later (950). We could not
crash the program
by using any feature including the bandmap. We could not find a tuning
pattern that would crash the program consistently. Just tuning would do it.
Not fast or slow, or up or down. Just tuning around.

With the spots running and no tuning the program would not crash.

I switched to 634 and it would not crash.

The network is 486 machines with 781 and 950 radios and different flavors
of level
converters.

Rich  KL7RA