[TRLog] smartdrv not working?

Subject: [TRLog] smartdrv not working?
From: w9wi@bellsouth.net (Doug Smith)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 05:19:28 -0600
I've been having an ongoing problem where I'm not able to abort the
transmission of CW.  A couple of times during the WW, while S&P I'd hit
the wrong key & start to send the exchange instead of my call.  I'd
immediately hit the Escape key, but almost the entire exchange would get
sent before the CW would abort.  ("TU 5NN T", the 4 would get aborted
about halfway through)  There was also a delay aborting transmission of
my call or of "TU W9WI" after a run QSO, but those delays wouldn't be as
bad.

It seems to be the general consesus (I can never spell that word!) that
running SMARTDRV is the fix for this -- but it doesn't seem to have any
effect in my case.  There are no error messages at boot when loading
it.

FWIW, version 6.46 (though I have had the same situation with all
previous versions I can remember) on a 486-66 with 8MB total RAM - no
radio interface (really need to fix that 940...) or packet running.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66