[TRLog] Do we need Advanced testers for TR?

Subject: [TRLog] Do we need Advanced testers for TR?
From: je1cka@nal.go.jp (Tack Kumagai)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:02:16 +0900
In message "Re: [TRLog] no, dammit, I said abort!"
    on 99/11/29, K3BU@aol.com <K3BU@aol.com> writes:

: Never had those problems with previous versions, same setup, same everything.
: I guess I should be more conservative with "upgrading", wait untill others
: will find the bugs. (I was using IC 781, 3 upgrades back it was running
: smooth, without single hickup.)

In other community like Linux Open Source, there are several testers who
tests the most newly released versions then major bugs will be fixed in that
tester group. It must be impossible to remove all the bugs reported just after
the release before the release. Because Tree has not all the supported Xcvrs or
computer environments.

So why don't we have the Advanced tester group? This will improve the quality
        ---------
        Tack Kumagai JE1CKA/KH0AM
        Internet: je1cka@jzap.com
        http://jzap.com/je1cka/