[TRLog] congig for ARRL 10m contest

Subject: [TRLog] congig for ARRL 10m contest
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:08:54 -0800 (PST)
Doug K0ZU writes:

> Could someone pass on a good config for the upcoming ARRL 10m contest? I =
> am using an FT1000MP, parallel keyer, not networked.=20

I could send you one but I feel it might be better if you
build it - then next time you will know what to do.

> I tried building a config but haven't been too lucky yet.

How have you been trying to do this?

The way that I almost always setup TR is to let it
step me throught the setup and then I make a few
modifications to it.

I just type TR in an empty directory and then answer the questions.

I just did it - here is the resulting LOGCFG.DAT:

---------------
MY CALL = K5RAT
MY STATE = TX
CONTEST = ARRL 10
DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
KEYER RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1
PADDLE PORT = 1
RADIO ONE TYPE = FT1000MP
RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 1
------------------------

Now there are some things that I like to change becasue I
like stuff to work diffrently than the defaults - so I
enter the Control-J menu and change those settings - saving
each one to the LOGCFG.DAT file with the ALT-W command.

Here is the LOGCFG.DAT file after doing those changes.

------------------
MY CALL = K5RAT
MY STATE = TX
CONTEST = ARRL 10
DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
KEYER RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1
PADDLE PORT = 1
RADIO ONE TYPE = FT1000MP
RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 1
ASK IF CONTEST OVER = FALSE
AUTO CALL TERMINATE = TRUE
AUTO DUPE ENABLE CQ = FALSE
AUTO SEND CHARACTER COUNT = 4
BIG REMAINING LIST = TRUE
CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE = TRUE
CONFIRM EDIT CHANGES = FALSE
CW TONE = 0
DE ENABLE = FALSE
DISTANCE MODE = MILES
FLOPPY FILE SAVE NAME = a:\logsav.dat
HOUR DISPLAY = LAST SIXTY MINUTES
MY GRID = EM00ST
NAME FLAG ENABLE = FALSE
PADDLE PTT HOLD COUNT = 8
PADDLE MONITOR TONE = 400
POSSIBLE CALL MODE = ALL
SINGLE RADIO MODE = TRUE
TAB MODE = CONTROLF
WEIGHT = 1.05
-------------------

Then the next step is to edit your CW messages (if you are doing CW).

The LOGCFG.DAT file looks like this after adding the CW message edits.

------
[...]

CQ MEMORY F1 = CQTEST \ \

CALL OK NOW MESSAGE = {

QSL MESSAGE = tu \

S&P EXCHANGE = 5nn tx

Now I am ready to go.  I did all of the above without
using a text editor - I just did it from within the program.

If you have any questions - let me know.

--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Johnson City, TX             It's cuttin' through the air.... "