[TRLog] Directories in TRlog

Subject: [TRLog] Directories in TRlog
From: RPClifton@aol.com (RPClifton@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:38:56 EST
In a message dated 12/7/99 12:34:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kc5ajx@hotmail.com writes:

<< Ok guys I'm getting a little better at this I've learned how to back up 1
 dir to run Trlog I have trlog in C:\log under that dir I have
 c:\log\contests I can run TR from this dir with the command ..\tr>>

If you have your PATH statement set correctly, you don't need a command like
..\tr - just  tr will do.  And, it will work from any directory in your
computer.  Did you reboot your machine after editing autoexec.bat file?
Changes will not be in effect until you do.

<<  I did edit the autoexec.bat file and update the path to include c:\trlog

TR normally installs in the c:\log directory (and you say in your message
that's where it's actually installed).  If this is correct, you need c:\log
in your PATH statement, not c:\trlog.

If it helps, here's a brief tutorial on the PATH statement:  When you attempt
to run an executable file, like tr.exe, at the DOS prompt, the PC first looks
for the file in the current directory.  If it can't find it there, it looks
for the file in each of the directories specified in the PATH statement and
will run it if found in one of those directories.  Hence, the path statement
is a neat way to run something like TR from any directory without having to
install separate copies of tr in each and every directory you want to use.
That's all there is to it.

73, Bob - W3YY