[TRLog] MULTI INFO MESSAGE, etc

Subject: [TRLog] MULTI INFO MESSAGE, etc
From: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (Don Moman)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:25:23 -0700 (MST)
On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Fred J. Helmstetter wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I'm having a little trouble getting a two computer multi network to run the
> way I think it should.  I
> have MULTI INFO MESSAGE set up and it works some of the time but seems to get
> drawn in
> several places on the screen under the band map (band map active on both
> machines, VGA
> color on both).  It's as though the cursor positioning when it goes to print
> the info string was not
> always correct.  Makes it hard to read because even though the info stays in
> the window under
> the bandmap, there will sometimes be several copies of the string visible and
> you can't tell which
> is the latest. Anybody else see this?

Not here, they stayed in their proper area just fine. We did the 7
computer link in the RAC WInter contest.

> The network seems to be running fine and qso's/packet spots/talk messages fly
> around the wire
> with no problems.

Do you have the the latest interm release (6.46.8 I think) - it's VERY
solid, but 6.46 may not be. Tree put this together for us just before the
RAC test and it did the job superbly.

> When is the multi message supposed to update?  I can't see an obvious
> interval or condition
> that causes this.  Is there a way to force it to update?   Been through the
> docs but maybe I
> missed it.

F1 i.e. sending CQ or calling someone is S&P triggers them.  But would be
nice if it would trigger without F1 - specially for SSB and we don't use
voice keyers linked with F1.....

Hope this helps, 73
Don
VE6JY