[TRLog] General QSO (6.47)

Subject: [TRLog] General QSO (6.47)
From: jdvoracek@vvm.com (John Dvoracek)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:41:37 -0600
> With EXCHANGE RECEIVED = RST NAME QTH and entering only the name
> the resultant log.dat seems to log only the first character of the
> computed QTH- carrying the remaining characters over to points ???

I'm not having that problem, but I also am not using the EXCHANGE
RECEIVED statement.  I type the report, QTH, and name (in that order) in
the exchange window, and TR Log saves them as I typed.  If no qth is
sent, I enter "noqth" as a placeholder to force name into the correct
slot.  Since you can't enter a comma, I use the "/" to separate city and
state.  Longer stuff gets truncated, so I abbreviate a lot.  I have
MESSAGE ENABLE off, so I have to use F keys to send all messages.
Otherwise TR Log sends my call first in S&P mode when I press enter
after filling the call window which is fb for contests but not for
general qso's where I want to send his call, then mine first.