[TRLog] One for the wish list

Subject: [TRLog] One for the wish list
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 10 Feb 2000 14:03:43 -0000
> W2KTF wished:
>
> And VR00BG responded:
>
> While I'd go about this by massaging TRMASTER.ASC outside of POST, here's a
> workaround that I use & could apply to the situation Charles described above:
>
> USER INFO SHOWN = CUSTOM
> CUSTOM USER STRING = abc
> INITIAL EXCHANGE = def

And while I think that this feature will probably be implemented, I have
a more philosophical answer.  I have gone full circle on this database
stuff for QTH.  Or maybe I am just dizzy.

I have found, that I have a lower error rate when NOT using information
from a database in the exchange window.  Having the information come up
as USER INFO SHOWN is still too tempting, but at least making me type it
in encourages me to listen to what is being sent.  I find I have my lowest
error rate when there is no information displayed.  Now that most domestic
contests are being checked with rather efficient software - most errors
will be detected.

Good news Icom owners - I should have some news in a week as I will
be spending an evening at an Icom owner's QTH who has the "Icom problem"
and hopefully I can quickly get to the bottom of it.

See you all in the CW Sprint!  Check out the sprint survival web page
for rules and sound files and tips on how to operate this unique
event.  http://jzap.com/n6tr/sprint.html.

73 Tree