[TRLog] Asia-Pacific Sprint

Subject: [TRLog] Asia-Pacific Sprint
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 02:22:02 +0000
LY2OX wrote:

 1.Preparing for  ASIA-PACIFIC SPRINT I found that this contest is not
 included in
 TR contest list.As general rules are very similar to WPX Contest,I tried
 to modify their CFG,but unsuccesfully: as all QSO are 1 point value,I
 entered
 AcitveQSOPoint Method=OnePoint AllQSO
 But programm kept it as invalid and hadn't started.
 2.It would be useful to have a file of valid contest name titles
 included: I was confused sometimes when after printing Contest name WPX
 in CFG nothing happening(exact name should be "CQ WPX").

Here's what I've been using for the A-P Sprint:

CONTEST = cq wpx
contest name = Asia-Pacific Sprint
prefix multiplier = prefix
qso point method = one point per qso
exchange received = rst qso number
visible dupesheet = true
AUTO QSO NUMBER DECREMENT = TRUE

This was bung together before TR supported the contest, but I've used it
since.  Why I felt I needed to set PREFIX MULTIPLIER escapes me now.

And remember, the A-P Sprint is this coming Saturday, 12 Feb 2000, 12-14z
on 14 & 7 Mc - for complete rules go to:

http://www01.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/ja2/je1jkl/apsprint.html

GL!

73, VR2BrettGraham