[TRLog] Re: ARRL DX w/6.48 at VR2BG

Subject: [TRLog] Re: ARRL DX w/6.48 at VR2BG
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 01:48:43 +0000
Tree:

>> Have now had a chance to play with 6.48 again.  Works fine now.  Sure
didn't
>> before.
>
>Hmm - not sure what it could have been...  I don't think I changed
>anything that would produce an incompatability with the RESTART.BIN
>file - but that is a possibility.

After logging about three Qs w/^N about seven minutes before the start, on
trying to log the next one it would always hang & I noticed after trying the
same thing several times at that time that it would print the same rubbish
in one of the windows.

As I was in a just-before-the-start-&-something-is-going-horribly-wrong
state, which window that stuff appeared in escapes me now.

But this all happened from a fresh start using 6.48 w/last year's .CFG file.
After a power cycle to tell a confused W4ZV what had happened to me, I just
put 6.47 into the same directory & restarted WITHOUT (I'm fairly certain)
deleting RESTART.BIN.  Between small log & fast machine, one doesn't get
much time to see what TR said when restarted if it recognized the .BIN file
as being from a previous version, if it rebuilt it, or just ran with it.

Ran fine the rest of the weekend & altho I found on Sunday that I couldn't
reproduce the fault on 6.48, I stuck with 6.47.

73, VR2BrettGraham