[TRLog] Icom oddities, but fixed

Subject: [TRLog] Icom oddities, but fixed
From: toms@inconnect.com (Thomas M. Schaefer)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 01:52:14 -0700
A few reports about my IC-738 during the contest. First, the rig is not
jumping the far away frequencies anymore after some contacts so that seems
to be fixed.

But, I noticed a strange problem... Let us say that my freq (VFO A) says
7.003 and I am in non-split mode. If I enter -050 in the call box, the rig
does enter split mode, but a few things happen. First, VFO A switches to
7.050, and split mode is turned on. BUT, the freq in VFO B does not change
from what it was the last time I used it. I expected that VFO A would have
my original freq of 7.003 and VFO B would have 7.050. Is not a correct
assumption?

Also, in this scenario, I had my narrow filter on, but when it switched to
split mode, it turned off the narrow filter and went to regular CW mode. I
think the filter setting needs to be polled and after the change, it needs
to be set again. On the 738, the filter is either on (CW-N) or off (CW).

Great news on the jumping around problem being fixed, thought. If I need to
generate a radiodbg file, just let me know.

Tom