[TRLog] I miss my TR!

Subject: [TRLog] I miss my TR!
From: w9wi@bellsouth.net (Doug Smith)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:52:07 -0600
Just got back from ARRL DX @ K4VX.  (10m SOSBHP, roughly 556K)  Lew
still uses CT, and I'd forgotten to bring a copy of TR along.  Sure
missed it!

Probably the one feature I missed most was the different CW messages for
CQ and S&P modes.  But I also frequently stumbled over trying to
remember whether I was supposed to be hitting Insert or +.  (and if I
seemed slow to QSL your exchange, it was because I was trying to figure
out why nothing happened when I hit Enter<grin>...)  The names database
was also missed.

Then, got home, loaded the log, and ran WRITELOG to get the files to
send to ARRL -- and for some reason it subtracted 7 hours from all the
times!  Never did figure out why, though a bit of quick BASIC
programming fixed the problem.  Finally, just before submission, I
discovered a Y2K bug - apparently I'd just entered the ARRL
International DX Contest - 19100...

Next time, a machine with TR comes with me!
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66