[TRLog] RSGB 7 MHz .cfg and .dom fi

Subject: [TRLog] RSGB 7 MHz .cfg and .dom fi
From: Clive_Whelan@compuserve.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:53:33 -0500

Hi Bob

<< The QSO POINT METHD is  RSGB but I'm afraid is not good for
all >>

<< Could be good for others overseas stns but each one should
at the end multiply the final score by 3 or by 6(OCEANIA). >>

That is correct and as you suggest perhaps Tree could implement
the necessary continental multipliers. Unfortunately unless this
contest gets more overseas support (and therefore generates more
UK entries) it is probably dead in the water. This would be a
shame as I remember entering the very first one back in the
1960s, and it is a tough and intelligent contest; no CQ fest
this.

<< It is no good for UK stations (I'm afraid they have to go
with Super-Duper). >>

It is OK for UK stations in fact , 5 points for EU, 15 for
NA,SA,AF,AS, and 30 for OC. Super Duper NO WAY!

I think you will need to change ( for DX stations)

<<EXCHANGE RECEIVED = RST DOMESTIC QTH>>

to EXCHANGE RECEIVED = RST QSO NUMBER AND DOMESTIC QTH

because a QSO between us might proceed thus

ME: CQ TEST GW3NJW

YOU :I2WIJ

ME:I2WIJ 599001 CF

YOU: TU 599001

ME: TU TEST GW3NJW

I hope I have got this right, fingers crossed!

Ciao

73

Clive
GW3NJW