[TRLog] ADIF program for Internet lookups

Subject: [TRLog] ADIF program for Internet lookups
From: Thomas M. Schaefer" <ny4i@arrl.net (Thomas M. Schaefer)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:43:27 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BF942E.831A0430

I wrote a program that takes an ADIF file, and uses an Internet search =
engine to find the callsign info and the QSL manager, if any.

You can get the program from =
http://www.xmission.com/~uarc/software/webcall.exe

To run the program, enter webcall <input ADIF file> <output ADIF file>. =
Of course, you will need to connect to the internet to run it and your =
speed will vary.

After a contest, run LOGCONV to convert the TR file to an ADIF file, =
then run webcall and take its output and import it into your logging =
program.

This allows those that use logging programs that will not update the =
working database to do so before an import and have the address, and =
QSL_VIA set.

Currently, I have it updating ADDRESS, QSL_VIA, and GRIDSQUARE.  Every =
thing else in the file is simply copied through, so whatever was there, =
will stay there. Also, if a field is already present in the input, it =
will not be updated. I figured the on-air was always more accurate than =
the callbooks.

Please give it a spin and report any bugs to me at ny4i@arrl.net.

Tom Schaefer, NY4I

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BF942E.831A0430

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I wrote a program that takes an ADIF =
file, and uses=20
an Internet search engine to find the callsign info and the QSL manager, =
if=20
any.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You can get the program from <A=20
href=3D"http://www.xmission.com/~uarc/software/webcall.exe";>http://www.xm=
ission.com/~uarc/software/webcall.exe</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>To run the program, enter webcall =
&lt;input ADIF=20
file&gt; &lt;output ADIF file&gt;. Of course, you will need to connect =
to the=20
internet to run it and your speed will vary.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After a contest, run LOGCONV to convert =
the TR file=20
to an ADIF file, then run webcall and take its output and import it into =
your=20
logging program.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This allows those that use logging =
programs that=20
will not update the working database to do so before an import and have =
the=20
address, and QSL_VIA set.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Currently, I have it updating ADDRESS, =
QSL_VIA, and=20
GRIDSQUARE.&nbsp; Every thing else in the file is simply copied through, =
so=20
whatever was there, will stay there. Also, if a field is already present =
in the=20
input, it will not be updated. I figured the on-air was always more =
accurate=20
than the callbooks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please give it a spin and report any =
bugs to me at=20
<A href=3D"mailto:ny4i@arrl.net";>ny4i@arrl.net</A>.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tom Schaefer, NY4I</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BF942E.831A0430--