[TRLog] Multi setup

Subject: [TRLog] Multi setup
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 10 Jun 2000 15:31:09 -0000
> What log settings do I use so any qsos I get from the network, are not
> displayed on my computer, but I get them for exchange purposes?

It is the SEND QSO IMMEDIATELY command.  If it is TRUE, QSOs are sent
right away - and received QSOs go right into the log file, bypassing
the editable window.

I don't understand how you are getting different operation between
the two computers.  Do they both have the latest version?

> Next question... How can I prevent the rate from the other systems from
> effecting the rate on my display? The rate display is not accurate in a
> multi-setup because it goes by the other stations.

This hasn't been addressed in the program.

> Next question... Is there an interlock mechanism so the systems will keep
> track of what computers are on what bands, and at least let you know that
> "Warning - Station D is on 80SSB as well"? It will let you do it, but at
> least it will warn you about it.

Not really - you can use the MULTI INFO MESSAGE command to enable a
display showing what frequency the other computers are on.  Perhaps
I should add a BAND/MODE option for this as you probably won't have
all of the radios interfaced.

> Oh yes, the reason I want to have the exchange but not the qso displayed on
> the others, is that I think it will be confusing for the Field Day ops to
> have QSOs show up even though they are marked with the a different computer
> identifier.

I would suggest having SEND QSO IMMEDITELY = FALSE on all computers then.
Make sure they are all the same version of the program.

73 Tree