[TRLog] Curious about FD Exchange

Subject: [TRLog] Curious about FD Exchange
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 02:16:48 +0000
At 07:02 PM 6/27/00 -0500, Dale L Martin wrote:

>I'm curious as to why the FD exchange handling by TRLog is so different from
>the flexibility of SS exchange handling.  In SS, you can enter data in just
>about any combination and it will all come out right.  In FD, I typed in a
>correction to a typo (e.g, 3a stx 2a) and it wasn't accepted.  I had to
>clear the entry and start over (or I could have deleted back to the
>beginning.  I had this happen a couple of times.  I think I even put in the
>section  first once followed by the class and it wouldn't accept it.  Was I
>dreaming this or is TRLog not set up to handle variations on a FD exchange?

Nope, it doesn't parse the exchange at all, which is not very elegant.  Req
uires spaces between elements too.  My guess is that Tree hasn't built a
parser for the exchange because, as the ARRL says, it really isn't a
contest... ;^}

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at