[TRLog] Reflections on TR

Subject: [TRLog] Reflections on TR
From: ssi@rmi.net (Bill Leahy)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:12:08 +0000
There is a time and place for learning TR and changing logcfg data.
During a Field Day or contest is not one of them. Step by step (simple)
instructions were available and used by all operaters. Before the
contest started a meeting was held explaining station/computer
operations. It was emphasized that no changes were to be made to the
basic operation of the software other than logging and basic correcting
of QSOs. During FD especially, when some people are not familiar with
contesting software, it is important to keep configurations of software
constant for all operators so the next time they operate the software is
the same and the instuctions for operating will be the same. Most all
operators were impressed by TR and our club has several converts to
using TR exclusively.

Is there a function to protect TR configurations from changing during
multi op contests, like a password? I don't mind suggestions for
changing configurations, but one person should be responsible for the
setup and know, at all times during the contest, the operating
parameters so other ops may be told and operating instructions changed.

Bill,  K0MP
MHDXA,  Life TR subscriber