[TRLog] Bandswitching - and tuning with shiftkeys

Subject: [TRLog] Bandswitching - and tuning with shiftkeys
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:50:25 -0700
On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 12:34:54PM -0500, 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu wrote:

> Thanks, George, switching CdE off seemed to help with the problem of using
> ALT-B & ALT-V switch bands more reliably.

Great.
I guess we need to point this out in the manual - if it is not already there.

> The manual shows that if SHIFT KEY ENABLE then you can use the left & right
> shift keys to tune the radio while in S&P mode.  Does this work will all
> radios?  If TR can smoothly send tuning information to the radio to let
> a CW op S&P then why does it normally poll frequency only once per second?

I think the shift keys will tune the main VFO on Kenwood, Icom and Yeasu
in the S&P mode.

In the CQ mode the shift keys will tune the RIT on kenwood radios.

As far as the rest of your question Tree will have to answer that
when he returns from vacation.

--

George Fremin III        "When a true genius appears in the world,
Johnson City, TX           you may know him by this sign; that the