[TRLog] new user frustration

Subject: [TRLog] new user frustration
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 2 Aug 2000 16:32:40 -0000
> How do I set up TR to allow entering my paper log from the ARCI
> Homebrew sprint? I can't figure out how to:
>
> Enter the QSO time.

Either edit it with the Alt-E editor - or use the Alt-T command
and the Alt-1 to Alt-0 keys.  See the manual chapter on entering
a paper log.

> Enter the RST _I sent_, TR seem to want to always/automatically enter
> 599

This is best done during the contest where you can insert a special
character in your exchange and enter the strength of the RST then.
It will be sent automatically and entered into the log.  Otherwise,
you only option is the Alt-E editor (or up arrow with a blank call
window).

> 500mW
>
> The manual sez: "make sure to include a W, R or M in the power so the
> QSO points are correct." What the difference between them? I can't
> find the abbreviations defined anywhere.

500m is what you would enter.  1R5 for 1.5 watts.

Tree