[TRLog] IOTA Questions

Subject: [TRLog] IOTA Questions
From: balister@vt.edu (Philip Balister)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:38:38 -0400 (EDT)
The IOTA contest is over. Now I am trying to resolve a couple of things
in our log.

1) Due to a late start with TR I entered the first 60 QSO's after they
happened. I assume I can go back and edit the text file to correct the
times?

2) We used it in a networked config. It seems like if we entered a QSO
incorrectly and went back and editted it, the edit didn't get transmitted
to the other computer. What is the best way to fix this?

3) If the QSO was entered with out an IOTA reference, but then was added
by editting the the last 5 window, it is still scored as a 3 pointer
rather than a 15 pointer.

4) One computer died toward the end so I just logged on one computer (I
did get the data files from the sick computer tho). Can I merge these
two files OK? I suspect it is best to just make all updates in the more
complete one, but I am curious how merge deals with this situation for
future reference.

I assume I can fix up one log by hand and be OK, just wondering if there
are ways to avoid this sort of thing in the future.

I did OK at figuring out TR on the fly. When someone couldn't log me
because they said I was a dupe (not a dupe on my, boy do I hate that),
I asked if he was using TR, then explained how to get TR to log dupes :)

73 de Philip, K4EP, W4LVS/P in IOTA 2000