[TRLog] merging logs, mm qso numbers

Subject: [TRLog] merging logs, mm qso numbers
From: k4xu@arrl.net (Dick Frey)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 21:19:43 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0821_01C03236.A4A9FB40

After a bout of "possible network data loss" during our recent CQP =
outing, all three of the logs are different.  How do I merge them =
without creating a potload of dupes?

We used v6.50 because it has been glitchless and nothing we needed has =
been added or fixed since.  During the contest, the numbers generated =
for our M/M were consecutive. I remember something about numbering by =
band but cannot find it in the book. CQP does not require it.  The =
consequence was some numbering difficulties. The QSO number would =
sometimes increment between sending it and logging because one of the =
other stations made a contact.  What's the right way to do it?

Our network went down Saturday night an hour after the 20M station quit. =
 His laptop was on and in DOS mode, but its power saving feature =
apparently caused it to go to sleep.  Not much I could do without a =
jumper plug for pins 2-3.  Any of you computer wizards got ideas to =
prevent that?

I took seven guys who had never used TR (much less operated in a =
contest) out to a mountain top for a FD-type expedition to Modoc county =
and we made 2400 Q's with three 100 watt radios.  That says quite a bit =
for TR.

Dick Frey k4xu@arrl.net

------=_NextPart_000_0821_01C03236.A4A9FB40

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After a bout of "possible network data =
loss" during=20
our recent CQP outing, all three of the logs are different.&nbsp; How do =
I merge=20
them without creating a potload of dupes?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We used v6.50 because it has been =
glitchless and=20
nothing we needed has been added or fixed since.&nbsp; During the =
contest, the=20
numbers generated for our M/M were consecutive. I remember something =
about=20
numbering by band but cannot find it in the book.&nbsp;CQP does not =
require it. =20
The consequence was some numbering difficulties.&nbsp;The QSO number =
would=20
sometimes increment between sending it and logging&nbsp;because one of =
the other=20
stations made a contact.&nbsp; What's the right way to do =
it?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Our network went down Saturday =
night&nbsp;an hour=20
after the 20M station quit.&nbsp; His laptop was on and in DOS mode, but =
its=20
power saving feature apparently caused it to go to sleep.&nbsp; Not much =
I could=20
do without a jumper plug for pins 2-3.&nbsp; Any of you computer wizards =
got=20
ideas to prevent that?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I took seven guys who had never used TR =
(much less=20
operated in a contest) out to a mountain top for a FD-type expedition to =
Modoc=20
county and we made 2400 Q's with three 100 watt radios.&nbsp; That says =
quite a=20
bit for TR.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dick Frey&nbsp;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:k4xu@arrl.net";>k4xu@arrl.net</A><BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></=
HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0821_01C03236.A4A9FB40--