[TRLog] What does POST UEFF have against VY1JA?

Subject: [TRLog] What does POST UEFF have against VY1JA?
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:37:14 +0000
POST 6.53 continues to eat VY1JA - he's in my .ASC file, he's in the .DTA
file after a UEB, but do anything more & J falls into a bit bucket somewhere.

Last night I UEFF'd four logs into my TRMASTER file.  I then did a UEZ to
make sure the file grew as expected.  I then did a UEE, wanting to see if
POST could still find J in there.  I guess it didn't do another UEA on its own
because the .ASC & .DTA files were fresh from UEFF (normally, UEE invokes
a UEA-like step before allowing you to edit a call).  I entered VY1JA as the
call to edit & it bombed, error 006 at 022A:157B.

Hang on, that's not entirely true.  I exited POST after the UEFF in order to
look at the .ASC file with a text editor prior to the UEE step described above.
Interestingly, VY1JA started out with name & other data with it from my
original .ASC file, but after the four UEFFs, the name & other data vanished,
although VY1JA was still in there.  None of the four files included a contact
with J.  I'd previously reported that a UEFF would make him disappear.  Nothing
better than consistency, eh?

Did Tree miss J in SS once or something?  Or could it be that POST doesn't
like single character length names?  Does anybody out there ever notice that
you say hi to Doug when you work K1AR?  Or perhaps is all this because
POST is meant to go wonky at VR2BG?  ;^)

73, VR2BrettGraham