[TRLog] Parallel Port CW Keying Troubles

Subject: [TRLog] Parallel Port CW Keying Troubles
From: n0ss@earthlink.net (Tom Hammond NØSS)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:20:40 -0500
Mark:

You MUST have the following lines toward the top of your LOGCFG.DAT file:
(actually, I'll just give you the first few lines from my LOGCFG.DAT file
(lines 6 & 7 are the IMPORTANT ones for the purpose of this response). Some
lines are not required when you are using the SIMULATOR and SHOULD be
REMmed out by placing semicolons in front of those lines. Just remember to
REMOVE the semicolons before you go to war.

MY CALL = xxxxx
CONTEST = FIELD DAY
DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
;Remove the ';' from the next two lines to
;  enable parallel port CW output & paddles
;KEYER RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1
;PADDLE PORT = 1

Maybe this'll help.

Note that the line below...

    KEYER RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1

is NOT automatically created if you happen to tell the auto-configurator
that you want to run SIMULATOR. You should sohould first respond NO to the
SIMULATOR prompt and then later on REM the line out with semicolons until
you're ready to go online. Otherwise it'll send really wierd stuff to your
PRINTER if you happen to have it connected while you're running SIMULATOR.

The LPT port keying adapter should work... I'm build a BUNCH with no
problems so far.

73 - Tom Hammond   N0SS