[TRLog] 40M QSX spots

Subject: [TRLog] 40M QSX spots
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 18:48:57 -0600
     I think I've reported this before, but maybe not.

     When using the bandmap to go to spots on 40M SSB this weekend,
several of them had QSX information in them.  I was using a Kenwood
TS-850SAT and version 6.54 running in a full-screen window under
Windows 98.  VFO A would always be tuned to the correct listening
frequency, but VFO B would be retuned to a frequency that was not
what the QSX information in the spot reported.  For examples:

Call    Spot QSX    VFO B actually
        frequency   tuned to
CN8WW   7295.0      7032.5
OE2S    7224.5      7093.4
CO2II   7207.0      7075.9
K1AR    7020.0      7216.6

      Nothing else went wrong with TR LOG computer control of the
radio during the contest.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops