[TRLog] Re: DOS 6.22

Subject: [TRLog] Re: DOS 6.22
From: dick@pobox.com (dick@pobox.com)
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 15:44:02 -0600

Just a cautionary note...  For DOS 6.22 to work in a computer using
the FAT32 structure, you must have at least one logical drive formatted
using the older FAT16 file allocation table and structure.  When DOS 6.22
is booted, it will only see the FAT16 structured drive.

The computer I use for my radio work uses FAT16 structure for logical
Drive D (partition).  I can use Windows 98 for all file processing
operations on that drive.  Then when I use a floppy disk to boot into
DOS6.22, logical Drive D becomes Drive C because the "real" FAT32 logical
Drive C is not seen by DOS6.22.

Just remember to put any Config.SYS, Autoexec.BAT, and other batch files
you want to call up in DOS6.22 on the FAT16 formatted drive.  And be sure
to use "C" for the drive specification in these files.  In otherwords,
when running DOS6.22, your computer will have a hard drive limited to
just those logical drives that use FAT16.  Anything you want to use in
under DOS6.22 must reside on a FAT16 structured logical drive.

- Dick Isely, W9GIG