[TRLog] Key words in the Manual.

Subject: [TRLog] Key words in the Manual.
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:09:05 -0600
On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 11:04:33AM -0800, Alan C Zack wrote:

> What is the version of your manual please?  I have TR-LOG version 6.17
> (11-25-97) marked on my disc and version 6.16 (10 Nov 97) printed on the
> cover page of my manual.

You can always get the latest version of the manual on the TR LOG web page:

http://www.qth.com/tr/manual.html

> My manual doesn't list commands under alt- or ctl-.
> I am a CT user since it very first came out but it doesn't seem to
> support the JIDX, so I plan to use TRLOG for the first time this week
> end in the JIDX contest.  In starting the program how do I tell it I
> want to start it in JIDX?  It starts in CQ WW on it's own.  I can do a
> C:LOG>EDIT LOGCFG.DAT and change CONTEST = CQ WW to CONTEST = JA
> INTERNATIONAL DX but this seems to be a back door way of doing it
> compared to CT asking you on opening up to select a contest, mode, etc.
> Also when you open CT it asks you to give a name to the bin file you
> will be making.  How do I tell TRLOG what my contest name will be?
> Maybe I need a new manual if there is a better one out there.  I have
> had my TRLOG program for many years but have not used it until now due
> to questions like this.  Guess I got spoiled with CT and using it comes
> very natural to me but I need to expand my knowledge base to include
> TRLOG.
> Thanks and 73
>
> "D. R. Evans" wrote:

> > D.R. Evans N7DR / G4AMJ                      N7DR@arrl.net
> >
> > The last of the Chronicles of the Three Lands, "Phendric",
> > has been published:
> >      http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR/drevans.htp
> >
> > --
> > FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/trlog
> > Submissions:              trlog@contesting.com
> > Administrative requests:  trlog-REQUEST@contesting.com
> > Problems:                 owner-trlog@contesting.com
> > Feature Wishlist:         http://web.jzap.com/n6tr/trwish.html
>
> --
>          Extra Class Amateur Radio Station K6ACZ
>             Anaheim, Southern California, USA
> Aviation Chief Warrant Officer, U.S. Coast Guard, Retired
>           Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/trlog
> Submissions:              trlog@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  trlog-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:                 owner-trlog@contesting.com
> Feature Wishlist:       http://web.jzap.com/n6tr/trwish.html

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops