[TRLog] How to get all bands, How to interface?

Subject: [TRLog] How to get all bands, How to interface?
From: geoiii@loja.kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 07:08:19 -0800
On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 08:05:36AM -0600, Gilbert Baron wrote:

> I am trying to use TRLOG just for general DX work. I cannot find what the
> defaults are for a contest. I set it up with ARRL DX. The problem is that
> neon of the WARC bands 12,7,30 are shown in the band window. That is of
> course correct for contesting, but I ma not using it for that.

You can change to a WARC band or VHF band by typing in a frequency
or changing an interfaced radio to that band.

You can also change these settings.

WARC BAND ENABLE = TRUE
VHF BAND ENABLE = TRUE

You can also use GENERAL QSO as the contest type if you want this
enabled by default - and want to be able to enter NAMES and QTHs into
the log.

Contest setting defaults can be found in a file called CONTEST.PAS
it should be part of the zipfile when you get your updates.

> How do I get ALL of the bands to show there and in band maps?

If you want all the bands to show in the band map you set these settings.

BAND MAP ALL BANDS = TRUE
BAND MAP ALL MODES = TRUE

> The radio interface does not work AT ALL. It works PERFECTLY with Logic 5
> reading frequency and controlling the radio and also with ZAKANAKA and all
> my other programs. What could be wrong here?
> I do have the following in the configuration file which is correct for my
> radio

Did it stop working recently for you or is this the first time
you have interfaced a radio?  I think you have been using the
program for a few years?

> RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 9600

This might be a problem - TR-Log does not usually work at 9600 baud.
Try changing this setting to 4800 in the config file and in the
radio's menu.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."