[TRLog] frequency hiccups with 6.55

Subject: [TRLog] frequency hiccups with 6.55
From: jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 06:59:45 -0600
Hi Pete and TrLog users

> I had a few episodes in the CW test.  On one occasion a QSO got logged as
> NONSSB mode, while in another the band was listed as 222.  I often noted
as

I had a similar problem when I ran TRlog 6.55 under Win95. In fact when I
set the Icom 736 to a frequency of  210210.0 I could see it cycle randomly
from between cw and ssb mode and then periodically it would lose 2 digits
from the frequency i.e. the frequency would become 210.2 and it would cycle
between cw and ssb on this frequency. I varied the TIMEOUT and PAUSE values
but this did not solve the problem. As a result for the contest I ran TR Log
under DOS. The problem almost completely disappeared under DOS but from time
to time, and this was rare, the same thing would happen. I also noticed that
if I logged during this time I got faulty entries too. Yesterday I played
with TR Log under Win 95. I found that if I changed the baud rate of the com
link between the Win 95 PC and the Icom to 1200 from 4800 and if  I set the
com port to 8 data bits and 2 stop bits the cycling between modes and the
lose of freq accuracy stopped. It has been stable for 24 hours now so I am
optimistic.I do not recall this happening in version 6.54

... sylvan

ps - I sent the same message 4 times to the CQ-CONTEST reflector and it has
not been posted. I did not have any thing strange in the message like a cc.
I checked to see if I was still subscribed and I am. Does anyone know who I
should contact or what I can do to fix this problem?

Sylvan Katz
Saskatoon, Sask
VE5ZX & G0TZX