[TRLog] TRLOG radio control does not really work that well

Subject: [TRLog] TRLOG radio control does not really work that well
From: gbaron@home.com (Gilbert Baron)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:36:59 -0600
Radio control with TRLOG is a sort of dilemma. It really is POOR if you set
the baud rate to 4800, it just can't keep up. It can take up to 10 seconds
to detect a change in frequency. If I set it to 2400 and 50 for the Kenwood
Response Timeout it usually detects the change in 1 or 2 seconds. The
problem with that is that Logic 5 now has to be set to that same incredibly
slow rate and so if I want fast with one and slow with the other I have to
keep switching them. Why can't TRLGO do better? I am running on a 300 MHZ P2
with 192 Megs of memory. It obviously not my system. In any case, the same
thing happens on a 500 Mhz P3.

I suppose it is the way the code works, polling the port, rather than a real
Async protocol. Is that true, is this what I am stuck with?

If so, I guess I will just live with it, AND pray that some day a Windows
version of the program is created, for which I would be HAPPY to pay an
upgrade fee.

Other than that, the program is a great program.

One other thing I would like to see, I would like an option to LOCK the
program in SAP or in CQ mode so that NO MATTER WHAT I did it would not
change until I used the unlock sequence. Is there such a thing that I simply
missed?

_
Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'