[TRLog] SS logs don't have serial numbers

Subject: [TRLog] SS logs don't have serial numbers
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:43:03 -0600
On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 05:58:10PM -0500, 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu wrote:

> My logcfg.dat file for sweepstakes included the following command:
> LOG FREQUENCY ENABLE = TRUE
> It was nice to see what frequency I worked people on, to see a pattern
> to  my madness in operating.  However, now I see the log.dat file
> does not have the serial numbers that I sent.  I see nothing in POST
> that will enable me to get those pesky required numbers back!

Assuming that you haven't manually re-ordered the QSOs in the log,
the sent serial number is implied by the order of the QSO in the log.
That's why Tree could replace the sent serial number with the freq -
the sent serial numbers were redundant information.

I've not tried it myself, but I bet if you use POST to generate a Cabrillo
or ARRL SFF logfile, it will have the serial numbers correct.  Or did you try
that and still not have sent serial numbers?

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops