[TRLog] Parallel port problems.

Subject: [TRLog] Parallel port problems.
From: kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov (kl7ra)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 21:49:47 -0900
Dick Writes:

>I have four computers in the shack one will work the parallel port DVK
>interface the other three (two are laptops the other an old 286 machine)
>will not. All four run TR equally well. Same config file.  What gives?>

Not sure what DVK interface you are using, but I know from using a port
breakout monitor (small interface that has LEDs on each pin) that you
can lug down the voltage on some PCs.

I bought a package of transistors from Rat shack to make cw/ptt interfaces
and found they had the collector emitter backwards in the drawings.  Even
with the transistors installed backwards a Gateway pentium on the work
bench worked fine,  but no PC in the contest station would.

The breakout box found the problem, no 5 volts on the parallel port of the
station PCs but the Gateway never blinked.

73 Rich  KL7RA