[TRLog] Programming SVDVP messages

Subject: [TRLog] Programming SVDVP messages
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 11:53:34 -0500
The procedure described is slightly more complicated than it needs to be.
The Alt-W and Alt-R commands on the message programming pages work fine,
but they don't show the little whirligigs that the original DVP link used
to show that you were recording or playing back.  The Alt-R playback is
through my computer speakers, or through the audio line to the rig if you
have it on.

That means you can record messages with all the special filenames TR wants,
lke Mycall.DVP, Cqecxhng.DVP, etc. (the typo is deliberate -- TR has one
built in to the CQ Exchange message filename).  I just recorded all my
messages for the 10M contest, including QSL.DVP, QUICKQSL.DVP, the S&P
exchange message, etc.  Now I know that if I'm in S&P mode on either mode,
with a call-sign in the call-sign field, hitting Enter will get me my call,
hitting Enter again will get me the QSL message, etc., just like on CW.
With my powers of concentration, I need all the consistency I can get!

73, Pete N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at