[TRLog] TR READ warning

Subject: [TRLog] TR READ warning
From: n4gn@n4gn.com (Tim Totten, N4GN)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:08:35 -0500 (EST)
I just noticed something that could reduce one's score if proper caution
is not applied.  I ran my ARRL 10 log through TR READ to re-score the
contest after fixing a few errors that I had noted during the contest (my
errors, not TR Log's).  The problem is that the call sign was changed for
two QSOs:

PY0FF became PY0F
LZ0A became VP8/H

Fortunately, I caught this before submitting the log.  I THINK this is
probably related to the CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE flag being set to TRUE.  In
both cases, during the TR READ process, TR Log thought the multiplier
(PY0F and VP8/H) was a call sign, so it "corrected" the real call.  I
suspect this wouldn't happen if I changed the CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE flag
to FALSE, but I haven't tested it.

Just a word to be careful!

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn@n4gn.com