[TRLog] Backup

Subject: [TRLog] Backup
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 15:09:05 -0500
At 02:47 PM 1/1/01 -0500, KN4UG wrote:
>   Can any one tell me the best way to  backup (to floppy or Zip drive)
>data files for each contest?

I just back up my entire CONTESTS folder (which includes all my contest
subdirectories, by year) to a CD-R disk with the rest of my locations where
my personal data are stored.  Takes about 15 minutes.  Once in a while when
my system is running happily I do a complete disk image to save everything
against the day when my registry gets blown (when, not if).

The files are so small that it scarcely warrants using a Zip drive.  You
can use Winzip or equivalent to back up all the log.dat and logcfg.dat
files, preserving the directory structure of the CONTESTS folder and its
yearly subfolders.  You can get a helluva lot of contests on one floppy
disk.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database