[TRLog] Booting to MS-DOS with Windows ME

Subject: [TRLog] Booting to MS-DOS with Windows ME
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 15:33:28 -0500
At 03:15 PM 1/5/01 -0500, Gary J. Ferdinand  W2CS wrote:

><pin pulled>
>
>Of course the real and only proper solution is to get a TRLog function going
>on a windows supported interface.  DOS may be tried and true, but its
>support for new devices is dwindling and its capability in terms of
>utilizing a computer is minimal/abysmal.  I have neither the space nor the
>inclination to keep a spare 386/486 machine around just to run TRLog on
>DOS...not when the rest of the shack is cooking on a P3 for various digital
>modes.
>
>Tree, are you working on a TRLog-for-Windoze?  If one were to exist, or a
>competitor were to crop up, I'd change in a heartbeat, frankly.  If it
>worked, of course :))
>
><grenade thrown>  73.

<falling on the grenade ... the things I do in the name of fun!>

And then you, too, could require a $100 outboard keyer unit to do what
Windows apparently cannot.

Why not simply keep a DOS 7 (Win 95) boot disk around so that you can
always boot your P3 to DOS when you need it, or do what I do with Win98SE
-- use a DOS window and shut down background services through the Task
Manager to avoid CPU conflicts.  Partition Magic is another proven solution
-- set aside a *mere* 100 Mb on your hard drive for a DOS partition and
you're set forever.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database